Working Ranch Vacations
Learn how to be a Colorado Cowboy
North of Steamboat Springs – May 14 – 19
Ever wonder what The Home Ranch does to get ready for the summer season? Working ranch vacations bring you inside the Home Ranch ranch as we get ready for our summer season. Help get the herd ready for a busy season, ride horses, fix fence, repair trails, plant seedlings and be part of an amazing team. Join The Home Ranch staff for five nights and experience life on the ranch.
To keep with the theme of the week, our staff will join the guests in the dining room for bunkhouse style meals. The rate will include meals, activities, entertainment, educational sessions and transfers to and from Steamboat Springs. The rate for the adventure will be $1,800 per person plus 3.9% tax.
- Work at the barn preparing the herd for the season
- Riding guest horses & exploring trails
- Fence fixing & replacement
- Trail clearing
- All day rides for trail orientation
Guests can also join our Master Gardner for hands on workshops about spring planting, bed preparation and seed starting as well as harvest the first greens of the season. Adele Carlson, The Home Ranch’s first Master Gardener, will return to the ranch to assist in Work Week. These experiences may include:
- Planting annual pots for around the ranch and Clark
- Planting the annual flower bed where guests eat lunch
- Planting the first peas of the season
- Harvesting the first greens planted in the greenhouse
- Mulching and planting perennial beds and pots
- Planting some aspen trees in the front lawn
We will offer a number of demonstrations and lectures throughout the week.
Call The Home Ranch to book your behind-the-scenes look at life at the ranch, 970-879-1780, or email, email@example.com.